For over 30 years through 2010, Greg was a trial lawyer at the San Diego law firm he co-founded, and also served as an arbitrator. As a trial lawyer, Greg tried a variety of significant civil cases in both State and Federal courts, representing plaintiffs and defendants. As an arbitrator, he has handled hundreds of matters, predominantly all types of business/commercial/breach of contract disputes, business torts, personal injury, real property, employment, and professional malpractice. Greg had a significant role in co-authoring Judicate West's Commercial Arbitration Rules. Greg takes great satisfaction in bringing his experience, attentiveness, keen analytical skills, and proactive management skills to the arbitration proceedings. He also takes pride in his talents and persistence as a mediator providing the parties with the best opportunity for the resolution of the dispute. Greg has the reputation for being quite personable and energetic, yet appropriately firm and a decisive straight-shooter. He has earned the respect of both the plaintiff's bar and the defense bar.
- Business/Commercial/Breach of Contract Disputes
- Personal Injury/Wrongful Death
- Products Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Real Property
Greg has an athletic background including playing centerfield on the Stanford University baseball team for four years and playing competitive tennis as a ranked tennis player in Southern California. He now enjoys golfing, hiking, and fitness training.
- Neutral, Judicate West (2019-Present)
- Full-time Arbitrator and Mediator (2011-present)
- Arbitrator, American Arbitration Association (since 1978) (Arbitration Panel Member for large, complex cases)
- Post Kirby Noonan & Sweat, Sr. Partner, San Diego (now Kirby Noonan Lance & Hoge) (1976-2010)
- Luce Forward Hamilton & Scripps, Associate Attorney, San Diego (1970-1976)
- FBI, Special Agent, (1966-1969)
- J.D., University of California at Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law (1966)
- B.S. (Engineering) with distinction, Stanford University (1963)
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), Member
- Mediation Training, Pepperdine University School of Law, Strauss Institute for Dispute Resolution (6 day course)
- Enright Inn of Court, Member, Executive Board
- Big Brothers & Sisters of San Diego, Former Board Member, now Member of President's Circle
- Continuing Education of the Bar, Program on Recent Developments in Civil Litigation, Lecturer (1983-2001)
- Member, American Board of Trial Advocates, since 1998 (membership requires 20 jury trials to verdict)
- Selected years 2011-2017 as a "Super Lawyer" for Alternative Dispute Resolution for Southern California by Super Lawyers rating organization
- All-Conference baseball player for Stanford University; Ranked tennis player in Southern California for several years
- Lecturer, Continuing Education of the Bar, program on Recent Developments in Civil Litigation (1983-2001)
- Featured Speaker, gas and electric industry seminars, topics including handling claims and lawsuits involving catastrophic losses
- Arbitration of claims of major clothing manufacturer for breach of contract, joint venture, breach of fiduciary duty, indemnity relating to employment of inmates to manufacture goods inside prison facilities.
- Arbitration of claims for breach of contract, fraud, rescission pertaining to research and development of secure internet software to be installed into a computer chip.
- Arbitration of claims of major corporations for breach of contract, copyright infringement, unfair competition, injunctive relief, and libel relating to computer software code.
- Arbitration of opposing claims for breach of contract, trademark and copyright infringement, injunctive relief, unfair competition associated with casino table game.
- Arbitration of breach of contract claims involving supplying manpower to corporations.
- Arbitration of breach of contract and fraud claims relating to technology licensing contract.
- Arbitration of breach of contract/rescission claims relating to purchase of business computer systems for retail operations.
- Arbitration of breach of contract claims involving manpower and management contracts.
Breach of Contract
- Arbitration of employment dispute arising out of severance/change of control contracts.
- Arbitration of claims against national corporation associated with management contract.
- Arbitration of employment dispute involving California Labor Code violations.
Professional Malpractice Legal
- Arbitration of claims of legal malpractice, and for recovery of attorneys' fees in representing client.
Breach Of Contract
- Arbitration of breach of contract/dissolution of contract claims relating to real estate transactions and associated commissions.
- Mediation of serious personal injury claim arising out of trucking accident.
- Mediation of wrongful death claim arising out of tractor/trailer accident.