With a legal career spanning more than 40 years, Geoffrey has represented clients in litigation, mediation, and arbitration in all types of civil matters, including personal injury, product defect, public entity liability, premises liability, and medical negligence. After decades as a trial lawyer, in 2019, he retired to become a full-time neutral.
Geoffrey has served as a Judge Pro Tem for the Orange County Superior Court for the past 36 years, providing support for the court’s settlement office and managing settlement conferences. He also served on the board of directors for the Orange County Trial Lawyers for 10 years, and he is an active member of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA).
Geoffrey honed his negotiation and dispute resolution skillset as an active mediator privately and through court programs, dedicated workshops, and education, and is committed to ensuring smooth and efficient results for all involved.
- All Types of Personal Injury
- Medical Negligence
- Product Liability
- Professional Negligence
Geoffrey enjoys hiking, traveling, and exercising. He also likes to garden and grows ‘the finest tomatoes in California’ in his backyard. He is a U.S. Marine Corps veteran and served a tour of duty in Vietnam. He and his wife have two grown daughters and reside in Orange County.
- Full-time Neutral, Judicate West (2021-Present)
- Judge Pro Tem Orange County Superior Court (1985-2021)
- Mediator, Central District (Federal) (2015-2021)
- Gray Mediation (2019 – 2021)
- Gray & Associates (2008-2019
- Eisenberg & Gray (2004-2008)
- Gray & Associates (1998-2004)
- Horton Barbaro & Reilly (1979-1998)
- J.D., Western State College of Law (1980)
- B.S., University of California, Irvine (1977)
- Mediation Certificate, Strauss Institute for Dispute Resolution, Pepperdine University School of Law
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), Active Member
- Orange County Trial Lawyers, Served on the Board of Directors for 10 years
- Joseph D. McNeil Civility Award, Orange County Bar Association (2020)
- Southern California Super Lawyers (2010-2013, 2017-2022)
- CEB Panelist (2006)
- A-V Preeminent Martindale-Hubbell Rating
- AVVO “ten” rating
- Nation’s Top One Percent of Litigators, National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- In addition to mediating medical negligence matters, as a trial lawyer, he represented clients in medical malpractice claims. He is well known for his medical acumen and has particular expertise in medical negligence.
- He has handled all types of personal injury cases.
- A dog bite case with very challenging issues of course and scope, workers' compensation, and duel capacity doctrine at play.